Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New York at Night



In the middle of a New York night I heard Cyrus crying.

Then I hear Wyatt shout, "No, I not go to Memaw!"

For a few seconds I thought about ignoring those sounds, but then I came to my senses and remembered I came to help Katie.

Flipping open my cell phone I was jolted by the 3:38 a.m. time I was looking at.

Rolling out of bed with my eyes sort of open, I climbed up the stairs, opened the basement door only to find all the lights on. I instantly thought, "This can't be good."

Hearing noises in the kitchen I sleep shuffled in there finding Wyatt eating bologna. He was way to awake for me! I quietly told him he could finish his Bologna, and thankfully in three bites he was finished and we were on our way to bed.

He snuggled right in and was sleeping soundly within minutes.

I listened to his breathing and enjoyed the moment until...

  • I woke up with his feet in my back
  • Him lying sideways in bed
  • His arms on my head
  • His face in my face, Bologna breath and all

Feeling crowded in my bed, I was awake at 7:00 a.m.

Wyatt slept soundly until almost 8:30 a.m.

5 comments:

Alice Faye said...

Just caught up on all your blogs. You are the best, Kay Friend. Such a wonderful family you have there, especially the newest one.

Lori said...

The city that never sleeps!

Donna said...

Are you still here? Is Katie up for a visit? Let us know we are only a train ride away!

Suzi Hardy said...

LOL! Us Grandmas just like to sleep through the night and THEN play with the kids! It is sweet while they are snuggling, but the body parts all over the place, remind you why you have your bed and they have theirs!

Unknown said...

Lori wins for the best post title...you gotta renasme it!