Tuesday, December 8, 2009

When I Was Young: Episode 1




I was thinking about how long it has been since I have written a post and thought to myself it's like I dropped off a cliff...

When I was young whenever I would say, "Dad I'm hungry." He would say, "I'm cliff, drop over sometime."

Number 1: I thought "Cliff" was a person that Dad knew and I was ready to go to Cliff's house to eat. I would plead in my little girl voice, "Let's go to Cliff's house, I'm hungry." Dad just laughed.

Number 2: It wasn't until years later that I understood that "Cliff" was a mountain cliff, and why would I want to "drop over sometime."

What a witty guy! He loved to tease and had a great sense of humor. Now I laugh when I think about "Cliff," but I'm still convinced Dad knew "Cliff" personally and he had really good food...

Some days I really miss him. Dad, not Cliff.

1 comment:

Suzi Hardy said...

Some days I really miss him too. Like the other day when I needed to know how to spit right. I have a very sensitive gag reflex and sometimes when I swallow something wrong before I can spit it out, I gag myself. When I was trying to spit the other day I thought, "Why didn't dad teach me how to spit right? It would really come in handy right now."
I KNOW he could spit!
And it has been a long time since you have been here...*sigh*