Monday, June 7, 2010

Just One More...

Mother's Day post,
I promise...

For Mother's Day, Katie gifted me with the gift of Skype,
It has been a delight.
It is hard to wash dishes, do laundry
and other things I do when I am on the phone,
but dishes and laundry can wait.
I love watching her smile and laugh
as she says, "I know Mom."
It is a real person visit!
Being able to Skype is a priceless gift.
"Back in the day" :) when I was a young wife and mother,
two-thousand miles away from my family;
long distance phone calls were expensive
and calls home were few and far between.
When I was really homesick, I would go in the woods
behind Grandpa Cruzes's house and cry.
It was pitiful...
I endorse Skypeing to everyone!
Computer internet connection +
Webcam +
Skype (http://www.skype.com/) = Pure joy.

Go to the store now and buy a webcam.
Better yet go to http://www.walmart.com/ and order one.
"Only on line. Not sold in store.
$19.54 plus .97 cents shipping to home."
They will deliver it right to your door!
Don't just sit there, GO...buy one now,
RIGHT NOW!

2 comments:

Alice Faye said...

I don't know what I would do without Skype. It makes having your kids living away from home a little more tolerable. We get to see the grandkids grow up right before us. Love it, love it.

Suzi Hardy said...

I shall have to get this Skype thing. I miss my kids like crazy and I can see this would be nice to have.
I have been thinking about you and I think this Skype thing would be a good idea for us...then we would really never get anything done except be with each other. Sounds good to me, what do you think?