Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Rule



I made a rule for myself: If I find money in the washer it is mine to keep. When I do find money, I smile with excitement and gleefully think, ah ha, 5 bucks! I don't tell anyone when I find the money, and since nobody knows about my rule nobody has ever asked, "Mom/Kay, did you find $5 in the washer?" If they did ask I would have to say, "Finders keepers, losers weepers."

I kept the nickel, but the pocket knife...I just put it in the basket on Shane's dresser, and a new rule was born.

Finders weepers, losers keepers.

4 comments:

Crystal Copeland said...

All I can say is that this is a waaaay better find than the spider!

Unknown said...

Maybe you should have put the spider in SHane's basket.

At my house it is always ink pens or crayons...you luck out.

Alice Faye said...

I love finding money anywhere but my favorite is in a coat or sweater that I haven't worn since the winter or fall season. So sweet.

Suzi Hardy said...

I use to find money in the washer sometimes. Then the kids all got married and moved out. Now, on the rare occassions that I find money in the washer, it usually came out of my own pocket. So I have a new rule, "Oh, I forgot about that nickle in my pocket!"