Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sweet Words

Joey had his tonsils taken out and hasn't been feeling well. He told me he was "very sick." I asked him how sick he was and he said, "27." I'm not sure what 27 means, but I took a picture of him to document what a "very sick 27" looks like. Doesn't he look terrible!

His throat has been very sore and he hasn't had much of an appetite. He would say, "Grandma, I'm hungry." We tried a banana, pears, oatmeal and mashed potatoes. He would take a couple of bites and say in his most pitiful 27 voice, "I don't want this."

Kacie was here too and when she heard Joey say I don't want this, she would say, "I eat it Grandma." And she did, she very graciously ate everything!


Leile went back to school this week and was given two cookies for her snack and she saved one for me. After school she brought it to me; it was in a sack that had Grandma written on it. She smiled so big and with sparkling eyes said, "This is for you, Grandma!" I felt so loved. By the way it was a chocolate chip cookie, um mmm!


Lydia was very happy to see me when I went to babysit them Tuesday night. She was very chatty and had lots to share with me. One of the first things she said was, "Grandma, Emma and Ben lost toofahs!" (tooth) And yes, the Tooth Fairy did come.
Sweet words.

3 comments:

Katy Beth said...

Nothing sweeter...

Yo Mama said...

Such cute girls, and poor little joey. Conan said that he is a grumpy old man trapped in a kid's body, so I'm sure getting his tonsils out didn't help too much.

Suzi Hardy said...

I love to listen when the grandkids talk to me. They are so sweet. I talked to Jett on the phone yesterday. He told his mom he had to tell me that he "likes me and he loves me."
Makes me feel all snuggly inside.