Monday, November 2, 2009

A Toast Tutorial



Are you tired of toast that has crunchy edges?
Make perfect toast every time!

Grandma Clawson said, "I don't care how much butter you put on,
just make sure you get butter all the way to the edge."

Toast Tutorial

Ingredients:
Butter, softened
1-2 slices of bread

Toast your bread to the desired toastedness
(Yes, that is a word, I made it up.)

Using a butter knife, spread butter all the way to the edge.
Don't rush, take the time to butter ALL THE WAY TO THE EDGE.

Enjoy!
Grandma knew what she was talking about.

I'm going to make me a peice of toast right now!

6 comments:

The Coatney's said...

ahhh, katie taught me this trick years ago and i've never went back. good toast!

Sarahie said...

I always loved toast at Grandma's! I think I'm going to hang that quote on my kitchen wall; it's good knowledge to have.

Yo Mama said...

This is the best toast. I know for a fact. I could use a few slices of this. Maybe you could fly up here and make me some????

Suzi Hardy said...

Ha! That's where I got my need to butter my toast to the very edge. See my blog of things I know about myself, and you will see what I mean!

Erin said...

huh...Grandma Lavae was the one who taught me to butter all the way to the edges. I didn't realize that HER mother taught HER. Must be one of those things that is passed down from mother to daughter for generations. I bet Eve taught her daughters...and WE still know the secret!

Anonymous said...

Guess what...I knew that before any of you did...hee hee!!!
and your right that is the best way to eat toast...but then a little bit of cinnamon...tastes GREAT!!!

love ya
me