Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I Wish


Mom holding me. Isn't she beautiful!
She loves so completely, so tenderly.
She is a bit of heaven on earth.

I have always known if I talked to Mom, everything would be alright...and it was.

I wish Mom could hold me one more time so I could feel the familiar assurance of her arms.

I wish when she hugged and kissed me good night she knew who she was kissing.

I wish I could sit in the kitchen and visit with her as the smell of baking bread filled the air, or eat one of her hot-out-of-the-pan scones, or any of the good food she use to make.

I wish I could hear her ask, "Are you hungry? Would you like a bowl of fruit and a piece of toast?" And I would say, "Yes" and watch her butter her love all over that toast for me.

I wish I could empty my troubled heart to her and hear her loving compassionate words, because I know her love for me is ever present and constant.

I wish I could listen to her talk and soak in all her wisdom.

I wish I could see her smile, hear her laugh and experience her zest for life the way it use to be.

I wish I could love as openly as she does.

I wish when she said, "Kay Marie" she understood I am her daughter and the light of recognition would sparkle in her eyes.

I wish she didn't think I am a nice lady that comes to visit her.

I want my Mom.
I need my Mom.
I miss Mom.

And I wish.

7 comments:

cally said...

I love you.

Yo Mama said...

I know how it feels to have those things from your Mom. I would be so lost without you. I love you, MOM.

Suzi Hardy said...

I wish too, my sweet sister. Truly I have missed her tenderness, compassion and love this last little while in my life. But I take comfort because the last month I have seen parts of mom in all of my brothers and sisters and I realize that she is still with us because she is part of all of us.
I love you so very much!

Lori said...

I like Suzi's comment. :)

xo

Katy Beth said...

I know exactly how you feel. Two grandparents...

Find joy in the small moments that are few & far between. Those looks of recognition can happen in a second's notice. One day everything will be restored :)

Katina Angola said...

I can't imagine how you must feel right now. But at least you have the assurity that some day You will have her back. That's what's so great about the gospel. We know situations like these are never permanent

Unknown said...

And no topic makes me cry like "I need my mommy" I am so happy that you had and have and will always have such a remarkable mom.

Because we see her in you, and we are so glad that we all have you.