Wednesday, February 17, 2010

This Is a What?


This is an Aplet.



This is a Cotlet.

I know they look alike,
but Aplets are sweet.
and Cotlets are a little tangy.
Dad loved them,
but, as a child, they weren't on my list of favorites.
I had forgotten all about them until last Thursday, when Shane came home with a box of Aplets and Cotlets from Bishop Carlin. Stating, "He said you would know what they are."



It was a magic moment.
And instantly memories of Dad loving them filled my mind.
So, to honor Dad's memory,
I ate one...it was better then I remembered!
So I ate another one and then throughout the week
another and another...

In fact, I have acquired a taste for them.



And I ate them all!

One of the great things about them according to the box:
"One reason to love Aplets and Cotlets is
because they have a third less calories than chocolate!"
I would still take chocolate over Aplets and Cotlets,
but Dad would be proud of me for enjoying all of these for him.

2 comments:

Jeigh said...

I remember those! But I don't remember what they taste like. My dad liked them, too.

Suzi Hardy said...

Oh gross!!!! I remember those when we were growing up, what a nice way to ruin fruit!
I am not sure if I am proud of you for eating them in dad's honor or horrified that you ate then in dad's honor. All I can really say is EEEuuuuuuwah! Sick.