Monday, September 7, 2009

Summer Guest

toDD the toaD


This is toDD, toDD the toaD,
He came to live on our road.
He's very quiet, never makes a peep,
But we have to watch where we put our feet.
He likes to sit in the soft porch light
That glows in the dark every night.
He sits and sits and sits some more
Just outside our back door.
As bugs circle the glowing light,
toDD just smiles at the lovely sight.
And when his tongue begins to sail,
We never hear a buggy wail.
When he's full and can eat no more
He disappears from our back door.
toDD the toaD has grown fat
From eating bugs for a snack!

7 comments:

Yo Mama said...

I forgot to tell you that I saw him while we were there, and I almost stepped on him!! That guy is biiiiiiggggggg. I'm glad I'm no fly. I was worried about calvin and wyatt though since they are so small. I thought for sure that todd would eat them.

Donna said...

Whoa mamma!

Erin said...

geat poem...did you just make that up on the fly? (no pun intended!)

Kay said...

I did make it up. We've had fun watching Todd this summer. He is a very tenacious toad and won't move for anyone. Even the cats can't persuade him to give up his spot!

cally said...

is he still there?

He's creepy.

Suzi Hardy said...

I think there was a guy in high school like that who wanted to date me. ugh!
I have nothing so grand as todd the toad on which to write a poem...I am sad about that. However I did enjoy your poetry on the subject. Does Todd croak?

Kay said...

Not one croak, he's a quiet guy.