Monday, April 27, 2009

Ice Cold...

Homemade LEMONADE

Real women drink LEMONADE

Especially this homemade LEMONADE!

Country Time is not the same,
frozen lemonade concentrate is not the same,
that watered down homemade, Pampered Chef lemonade
is definitely not the same.
But this, oh this LEMONADE, will not disappoint!
Ask anyone in my family. Heck, just believe me and make it.
Then go outside and work in your flowerbeds
or play with your kids, workout, jog,
do something active, sweat a little bit - get hot!

Go back in the house, get a nice tall glass out of the cupboard,
put ice in it, open the refrigerator
and get out the pitcher of homemade LEMONADE.
Pour it over the ice in your glass.
You'll love the crisp, crackling sound
of the ice popping as the LEMONADE trickles over it.

Now take your first sip.
I can hear you murmur, "umm this is good LEMONADE!"
And I can see that nice little pucker
you get from it's intense lemon taste.
You'll sip your LEMONADE again and again,
enjoying it more each time.
When you finish your last nice long swallow,
you will be sad that your glass is empty.
BUT,
you feel refreshed and ready to go again!
I know you will LOVE this LEMONADE!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lemonade is one of my favorite things about the south...YUMMMY

Alice Faye said...

Can I just come to your house?

Suzi Hardy said...

I remember this lemonade!!! I am glad that you posted the recipe too, I couldn't find mine and I am DEFINATLY going to be making this lemonade this summer.
Also, if you could post your orangeade recipe, I would really appreciate that too!