Monday, April 13, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Shane and I went to General Conference and had a wonderful spiritual experience. I am thankful for the opportunity we had to attend. My sister Suzi and her husband Mike went with us. It was an adventure as we braved snow and cold weather before getting into the Conference Center. I love making memories, especially ones that increase my desire to live a better life. I also went and spent the week with Mom and Harmon. I felt very emotional and cried some the first couple of days, it is difficult to see Mom in her present condition. I love her so much and am so eternally grateful she is my mother. I was thankful for the opportunity to clean her house and serve her for a change. I was reading in one of her journals and found a page where she expressed her love and devotion for her children and her desire to serve her family. I wept as I read her words, because I can look back and see that she lived the words that see wrote. I have ALWAYS wanted to be like my mother.

Anyway...I am back home and fell right back into the routine of daily life...it's good to be home!

No comments: