Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Adventure #1 Shane is a Jungle Boy

We were off to a great start leaving earlier then we planned on Sunday, but that was the only thing that went right.

After:
1. Driving through tornadic (per the weather man) conditions in Alabama

2. Arriving an hour early in Prattsville Alabama to watch the CES Fireside with Elder Bednar, because we didn't know we changed to Central Time

3. Going about an hour out of our way from following the GPS, we finally made it, or so we thought.

12:31 a.m. I directed Shane to, "Turn right at the stop sign," and because I am the navigator, my head was buried in the map preparing to give Shane further directions. With great alarm Shane said, "Aw...we're on the bike path!" It paralleled the road and he had mistakenly turned onto it.

JUNGLE BOY TIME!
High adrenalin flow!

I looked up and was impressed that our car was small enough to drive on it. He stopped suddenly!
12:33 a.m. we shared a silly laugh, bordering on hysteria and then pressed on.

1:04 a.m. we simply couldn't find the rental agency to get the keys and directions to the beach house. Shane did the noble thing and called the rental agency's emergency number and learned we were 15 miles off course. (Thanks to that dependable GPS!)

1:42 a.m. we unlock the front door.

I'll let you know about Adventure #2!

5 comments:

Yo Mama said...

That is too funny. i'm sitting in my cold basement laughing out loud all by myself. Sheesh. The bike path. I can't believe that man has a license. :)

Alice Faye said...

I guess you have to have a little adventure with all the quiet you are going to enjoy. Have fun and try not to think about us poor people in the mountains.

Lori said...

Oh that's funny! By the way, I'm wallowing in jealousy over here about your beachyness. I might just have to get a hold of one of those GPS gizmos and find a beach adventure of my own!

The Coatney's said...

i keep coming back to your blog to read this because it makes me laugh so hard. the bike path? president cruze! so, so, so funny. you gotta watch that man

Suzi Hardy said...

Welcome to my life! So glad you are having adventures, what is life without them?