Monday, May 25, 2009

Recipe Time Again

This is such a delightful taste sensation. I promise it won't dissapoint!

Blueberry Soup

4 1/2 cups fresh blueberries or 2(12oz.) packages frozen blueberries may be substituted
1 (12 oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
1/2 cup cold water
1 tsp. dried lavender (I used 1/2 tsp.)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt
Sweet Treat Croutons

1. Stir together fresh blueberries, lemonade concentrate, and 1/2 cup cold water in a 3 qt. saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, stir in dried lavender, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until blueberries burst. Remove from heat, and cool 5 minutes. Stir in vanilla extract.

2. Press mixture through a fine wiremesh strainer into a large bowl, using back of a spoon to squeeze out juice. Discard pulp. Stir in yogurt. Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours. Serve with Sweet treat Croutons.

Makes 5 cups


Sweet Treat Croutons

1/2 (10.75 oz.) package frozen butter pound cake, thawed
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint (I used 1/2 tsp dried mint flakes)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut butter pound cake into 1/2 inch cubes, and place in a large bowl. Add butter and chopped fresh mint, and toss gently to coat. Place cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool completely (about 30 minutes).

Sorry there isn't a picture, but we ate it all.

2 comments:

cally said...

I dream about blueberry soup.

And pinking shears.
I dunno.

Suzi Hardy said...

Okay, I think I have figured it out. It think it is using the words Blueberry and soup in the same sentence...Just can't wrap my mind around the concept...you don't make soups out of fruit...
It might take me awhile to get use to this one.