Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Beach Epilogue

It was a perfect beach day with the gorgeous blue sky, the ocean breeze and the soft sand under our feet. Shane was waist deep in the ocean playing in the waves and I was barely "two feet" deep looking for shells at the edge of the water. After a while Shane joined me and we meandered aimlessly along the beach looking for shells, without having much luck finding any, so we decided to go back to the house. As we were walking through the stranded sea weed...

Shane: What is that?

Kay: I don't know? Is it a shell? Is it alive? You touch it.

Shane: Reaching down taps on it with his fingernail and after no response picks it up. It feels like a shell. The black middle is kind of soft. He sniffed it. Shook it.

Kay: Does it open?

Shane: I don't know. It might. Do you want it?

Kay: YOU carry it.

For two days I left it outside waiting for it to open and for something to ooze or crawl out of it, or to stink really bad, but so far nothing.

Its home with us now and even gets to be in the house.

After several ventures to the beach we accumulated a small collection of shells,


And I love them everyone.

Shane was so diligent in finding them for me because he loves me.

I'm such a lucky girl.

3 comments:

Alice Faye said...

Did you see "The Water Horse." Oh Kay, you may have found the missing Loch Ness Monster!!!

Lori said...

Did you ever figure out what it is? That was nice of Shane you get to whole, intact, one-piece shells. :)

Suzi Hardy said...

Hey! That muddy brown round shell in the picture looks like it is a sand dollar! That is pretty lucky to find that all in one piece.
It looks like a sand dollar to me, but I am not sure... are sand dollars brown or white? Sheesh...