Friday, June 26, 2009

Milestones



I remember when I was pregnant with the twins; I was totally overwhelmed with the thought of having two babies, wondering how I was going to take care of them. When our two beautiful babies finally came they brought a love to me that I didn’t know existed, an immense, deep, abiding, sacred love. When I became pregnant with Eldon I didn’t think I could love another baby as much as I loved the twins, but again love showed me there is no end or beginning or a set limit to our love. My love has grown with each child we added to our family. With each marriage of our children we gained another child and our love widened to encompass them. We looked forward to the birth of our first grandchild, ready, willing and able to love some more, and we discovered yet again another dimension of love. Grandma and Grandpa love, just as rich and fulfilling as all our other loves.

Today is a milestone. It is the last day I will be caring for Thomas every day. He will be going to the babysitter now. It feels like the day the twins started Kindergarten, they were thrilled and I cried. It feels like experiencing the kid’s high school graduation, leaving for college and missions and getting married all rolled into one. You would think I would be use to this by now, but I am not. It has been such a lovely experience to care for Thomas.

So here I am full circle. I will be lost without Thomas for a few days, the house will be so quiet and I will miss him.

I have been so blessed to have love so abundantly in my life.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh. I'm so sad for both of you. But, I am sure you will both adjust magnificintly. (And I am not looking up how to spell that correctly)

Bring on another milestone! Hmmm...Austin is going to give you another one super soon.

cally said...

Oh man. Sweet Thomas. We're gonna miss him, too.

I can bring the kids over if it's the noise you're going to miss. That's an easy one.

Did you cry like a baby when Rachel picked him up? I bet you both did.

sniff sniff.

Lori said...

You super grandma, you. If there's one thing I have always known about you, it's that your love is boundless.

Suzi Hardy said...

*snif*