Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Truck!

sundaY morning shane had a flat tire; he was going to take the truck but I gallantly told him, "take my car, i'll drive the truck." he gave me his winning smile and was on his way.



i had a nice leisurely morning getting ready for church. my hair cooperated and looked great. i had on my brown straight skirt, a cream colored sweater with its matching jacket, brown alligator heels, anniversary pearls and diamond wedding ring - I was ready to go!

but then...
i walked outside, saw the truck and was immediately horrified.



it was filthy, nasty and FULL of trash! i became aware of the wafting stench that subtly tickled my nose. i said to myself, NO WAY! but, myself said, "you must." i had fleeting thoughts of having a quiet sabbath at home; but they fluttered and then died. swallowing my pride, but not my embarrassment, i faced the challenge head on, accepted the fact that i would be smelled a mile away and that people would think all sorts of stuff - because i was!

i opened the door, hitched up my skirt, and climbed in.



i put my skirt back down where it belonged, buckled my seat belt, started the truck and while looking out the dirty windshield, i laughed at me, sitting in trash and filth wearing my pearls and diamonds.

i parked as far away from the building as i possibly could, like next to the dumpster hoping to blend in.

and, you know i did! i snuck out of church five minutes early so no one would see who the trashy people were that drove that truck!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The secret is out...I was wondering whose trash that was stinking up the parking lot....so funny!

Yo Mama said...

What a woman, not even stinky trash will keep her from going to church. You should have had Mutt drive you to church, and you should have sat in the bed of the truck. tee hee. That would have been funny.

Alice Faye said...

No wonder I couldn't find you Sunday!! Callie and I decided that you must have gone with Shane. Next time.

Suzi Hardy said...

Two words....
JUNGLE GIRL !!!
hahahahahahaha

cally said...

I didn't smell you...or the truck!

I would've laughed so hard if I had sen that truck of garbage parked by the dumpster.

That thing stinks, that's for sure.