Friday, August 12, 2011

Mom and Beds


Mom passed away on July 11th and a quietness has descended within my heart. She is near and yet so far away.
Mom always insisted we make our bed each morning, but after I married my bed has been unmade more often then not.
When I was home in February Mom would need to rest several times throughout the day. Each time she would get out of bed she would straighten the covers and make her bed. Every time!
I have a new outlook on making my bed now, and I have a good visit with Mom every morning as I make my bed. I washed the sheets and was bragging to myself about how well I make square corners and how the sheet and blanket's are even and straight on both sides. I know she would be pleased.
Will it last? We'll see.
But in the mean time my bed has been looking great everyday! :)

2 comments:

Yo Mama said...

your bed looks so nice!! I can't believe grandma would make her bed everytime she got up from a nap. Just another thing that I want to aspire to. xoxo, love you miss you xoxoxo

cally said...

I love you. THere is so much to learn from your mom. and you.