Saturday, January 17, 2009

Blogging on a Freezing Day


This is a new experience for me... to write on a regular basis in a blog. For me writing is painful. I an envious of my brother Kevin, my wife Kay and my daughters-in-law and daughters who are very talented that way. For them the words just come sooo easily. I have tried to write in a journal for several years - starting and stopping - starting a stopping. Every year around January 10th I go buy another blank journal. I fuss over whether or not it has lined pages or not - whether or not it is brown or black - whether or not it is large or small - as if all of these things were the reason why I never write in them! Of course the real reason is that I don't have the discipline. There, I said it. I have faced the truth.

So, once again I start the process. But this time I think I actually has a good chance of suceeding with this blog. Here's why:

1. I want to share with my family and friends my testimony and beliefs.
2. I want to post articles, talks and things I learn from my interaction with mission presidents and generall authorities. Real Words of Wisdom.
3. I want to really learn how to do this stuff and make a difference in a world of shifting values.
4. My sons have given me 6 months and then I will be over this hobby just like the rest.

Those guys are asking for it! I love a challenge! I may just surprise them!

Kay and I bought a camera today so we could post pictures. We went over to Circuit City and found a good deal on a Sony Cybershot W300. It looks like it's going to do the trick.

I started back exercising today. It felt good to get back on the wagon. Conan called me the other day and invited me to join him and his brother-in-law in a triathlon. That is exciting! I haven't swam in a million years but surely I can dog paddle for a few yards. I have learned that I need a goal to help me stay on track.

I have got the bike and jogging part down so barring any injury issues, I am going to plan for that.

2 comments:

Yo Mama said...

A couple of things:
1. I think that this may be your year for journaling! I think that you are so technotronic-ish that you could really make this blog stick and have it as your journal. They have companies that turn your blog entries into a book every year. That's just as good as a journal, no?
2. I have confidence in you. I give you 18 months. :) Does that get me anything from the junk drawer?
3. Whyy aer you acting like this triathalon with conan is your first? Need I remind you of the Cruze 3 part triathalon last year. You really cleaned up on the .2 mile bike leg. What more do you need to cement that you are indeed a great sportsman? How about a bike ride around NYC? I'll go with you.

Shane said...

You got it. Let's do NYC! I am serious. Let's decide when to do it when you are up here in March.