Friday, January 30, 2009

Leo's is now Marli's



No pineapple malts; no more crunchy french fries dipped in ranch dressing; no more fried pickles - dipped in ranch dressing; no more 1/3 lb. burgers; the place formerly known as Leo's has gone Caribbean. Now it is called Marli's - named after either the wife or mother-in-law. Hopefully named after the wife. I can't imagine naming your restuarant after your mother-in-law. I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!! I give them 6 months ---- tops.


Now the cuisine ( and I use that word loosely here) is: 3rd world sandwiches with a gamey taste. ugh :(


Now I am forced to seek out a suitable replacement for my refined tastes. Such as some place that has greasy burgers with pineapple malts. Crunchy fries dipped in ranch dressing - well, I digress here. But you get the point.

5 comments:

Yo Mama said...

Dear Sir,
My condolensces for your loss. I am certain that there is not a sufferer greater than yourself. I know that way you pined for those pineapple malts. I'm sure you are reeling and thinking, "how can I go on now?" My only word of advice would be to "find a new normal." There's not much more you can do to get past this except seek out a new malt (perhaps a new flavor) that can somehow ease your pain. it won't be easy, but it will be necessary for the healing process. It's going to take some time. For now I reccoment that you cry you eyes out in a Fudrucker's Burger. That ought to help.

cally said...

I agree with Katie.

Time to move on.

LIke maybe not fried anything dipped in...anything.


And I have nothing against a gamey tast.

Just kidding.

Alice Faye said...

I have never had a pineapple milkshake or french fries dipped in ranch dressing. I guess I don't get out much!!

Suzi Hardy said...

try this Kay Marie, Wendy's frys dipped in one of their chocolate frosties...hummmmm..it will take care of your sorrow and return your joy.
And isn't that what this life is all about any way...finding joy?

La Memster said...

So SAD!!! I had no idea... I loved that place too... for all the like 3 or 4 times I'd eaten there. It surely was delicious... I will be very sad if it's gone forever.