Friday, March 27, 2009

I Love...

Katie and Noah, Cal and Wy came for a visit.

I love how the dynamic's change in our house when they come.
We go from very routine to no routine!
I hear Katie whisper to the boys, "Go tell Meema."

And so begins the daily oatmeal breakfast
and then playing the Zoo matching game routine.

I love how Calvin loves the monkey
and Wyatt loves the Polar Bay (Bear)
and they aren't past cheating to get them!
Me, I just love the experience.

I love having ALL the kids home and watch them interact together.

I love how somewhere along the way the "remember when's" start,
and we all enthusiastically take off down memory lane.

I love the laughter and happiness.

I love our memories.

Katie and Noah were keeping a secret that they shared with us.
I loved finding out they have a bun in the oven and
grandbaby number 16 is on the way!!!

They loved packing up all their stuff in their new van,
before they headed home to New York.
They were very good at collecting everything from everywhere in
the house, but last time they were home I bragged on how impressed
I was that they didn't forget anything,
but now they do.

So I loved finding the Bubble Yum and
dried piece of play dough on top the microwave.

I loved finding the blue elephant that Calvin kept hiding so no one would get it.

But most of all I love, love.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love is just so loveable, ain't it?

Congrats to Katie and Noah....on the expected baby...and the van, I guess...they kind of go hand in hand....I bet it's a boy!!!

Jeigh said...

I love this post! And you!

Yo Mama said...

Busted!!! I never knew you heard me whispering to the boys to get you out of bed. I'm going to have to try some other tactic. Anything but get out of bed myself. :) I love you, Mom. It's always so good to be home. I loved just hanging around with you and Thomas. And Dad. :)

Elizabeth said...

Hey there stranger! It's been FOREVER! I found Scott and Katie on Facebook, and saw your bloglink on Katie's blog. How've you been??? I think about you and Shane often and hope things are great with you guys. Oh, and 16 grandkids??? Holy moly! You've got mom beat (but you also had more kids to begin with...rofl). I added grandchildren #12 and 13. Daniel is 5 and Catherine is 18 months and into E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. I swear she's the one that's going to give me gray hair. Send me your email addy or your phone # and we'll chat sometime. Love you lots!!!

Elizabeth (Frankie's daughter...lol don't want to post my last name publicly)