Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Kitchen Windows

I love my kitchen window...
there is always something going on outside.

Right now, Mandy's got the itch!



Rake's were raking and the shovel was shoveling.

Koa was using a rake twice his size,


And Leili was picking up rocks.


They worked really hard on their garden boxes and they look great! I can already taste the tomatoes and cucumbers!


The Master Gardener


The Master Gardener's Assistant


The two apprentice who make everything take twice as long.

I watched Leili as she wandered around the back yard...swinging on her tummy in the swing...Tom, the cat, caught her attention and with a laugh she pulled his tail and held on when he tried to run away! I knocked on the window, she turned and came to the window and pressed her little nose against it and said, "What doin Grandma?"

It was a nice window moment.

Psst.
Just between you and me, and don't tell anyone, but these are the campers, you know, the gate campers!

3 comments:

Yo Mama said...

I love those window moments. I wish that I had a back yard so that my kids could play in the yard, and I could watch them. If I were you, I would have taken them a nice something to drink. You know, homemade lemonade. :)

Suzi Hardy said...

You will have to keep us picture informed about the garden box and what is growing inside.

Alice Faye said...

Duane has great apprentices who work for him when they visit from Knoxville, Korea, and Florida. They love being in the garden with him. I'm glad they do because it isn't my favorite past time. I just like watching them out my kitchen window.