Friday, March 20, 2009

So Annoying!

We all know it's the little things that drive us crazy...
well this is down right annoying!

For days on end I have been looking out my kitchen window watching the gate swinging in the wind or just hanging open. ANNOYING! It looks so sloppy and well unorderly (if that is a word).

I found this guide to gate use on the web:
Open the gate.
Walk through the gate.
Close the gate.
(Okay, I made it up)

After seeing it left open for several days I decided enough was enough and went to close it. Yes, I murmured under my breath and came up with several reasons why a gate should be closed:

  1. Gates were made to open and CLOSE (That's what my Dad taught me, so it must be true).
  2. It keeps stray dogs, raccoons, opossum's and other varmint's out.
  3. It keeps grand kids in!
  4. It makes me happy and,
  5. The cats love it when the gate is closed so the dogs can't chase them.

I know, I know there is a big hole in the fence from the tree falling on it...


So why DO we need to close the gate?

I closed the gate before Shane and I went on our Friday night date, but while we were gone, some "campers" came and when we came home the gate was open AGAIN and that annoyed feeling came creeping back. When I went to closed the gate I tenderly forgave the "campers" because I could see their crackling fire and hear their laughter and fun...it was worth having the gate left open. AND after all I had written this post and soon family members, campers, or whoever would know open gates annoy me and the gate being left open would become a thing of the past.

The first thing I did this morning was look out the window to admire my closed gate, BUT there it was wide open! Some "CAMPER" upon returning the key to the shed left it open...Eldon...sorry...I mean "CAMPER!" But I soon loved my "camper" again, because he did close the gate by the drive way.



Really, doesn't that look better!

2 comments:

Alice Faye said...

That gate to your back yard is open just like the gate to your heart, but I know you will NEVER close the gate to your heart.

Suzi Hardy said...

Yes, I believe that it does look better when the gate is closed. Mike and I just finished our gate so now we can actually open it, and close it, and open it and close it...and when we were done trying out the new opener on our gate, we closed the gate and went into the house!