Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lessons Learned

1. Don't terrorize the baby by turning on the wheat grinder when he is in the same room.

1a. Don't make bread when you are talking on the phone.

2. If you can't remember whether or not you put yeast in...don't play the odds and put more yeast in.

3. Don't add more water than the recipe calls for.

4. Don't add more flour than the recipe calls for because you added to much water.

5. You know something is up when the dough rises to the top of the pan in less then 20 minutes, because according to the recipe, "let the dough rise for 1 hour; it won't fill the pan."

6. Don't put it in the oven to see if it will turn out anyway.



It doesn't!

6 comments:

Suzi Hardy said...

Hahahahaha...how cool is it that we get to learn all kinds of lessons every day? I will have to write these lessons down...by the way send me an e-mail and tell me where you brought your wheat grinder, what kind it is and what to look for in a good grinder...then I will have to start taking wheat bread making lessons from you!

Yeagers said...

Here's a tip I learned from a baker last week...If you don't know whether or not you put yeast in, pinch off a small amount of dough, roll it in a ball and flatten it. Drop it in some water and if it floats there's yeast in it. If it sinks, there's not!

Katina Angola said...

Here is how I make bread....I pick up my keys, drive to the store and say I would like some fresh made bread, please. It works everytime. In all honesty you had the courage to try, which I do not.

Alice Faye said...

That is funny! I love making bread, which I need to do today. I make wheat bread now but your recipe (your Mom's recipe) is still a big favorite around here expecially for the YSA's. I think of you everytime I make it.

The Coatney's said...

this is my favorite post of yours. you are so funny! i now see where katie gets her humor. i love your blog!

Jeigh said...

Hi, Kay Marie! I love looking at your blog! You are so funny...lesson learned! Love you :)