Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Loco-Motion

Shane installed a new sound card in our computer. I knew he had succeeded when I heard music while I was ironing. A few minutes later I was putting some clothes in the dryer when the song, The Lover's Waltz, started to play. He said, "I love this song. Isn't it the one you want me to play for you..." I said, "yes, at my funeral." (That's not morbid, its a beautiful song and Shane can play it on his violin).

Anyway, back to my ironing. I went to put a load of clothes in the washer and when I walked by the den, there was my "Walter Mitty" waltzing around the room by himself singing along with Patsy Cline's, Sweet Dreams..."Sweet dreams of you every night"...we just smiled at each other, I thought, "how sweet." I know he was dreaming about me as he waltzed! O.K., back to my ironing. I heard him singing, "Come Monday, it'll be alright, come Monday I'll be holding you tight..." Um Jimmy Buffet, nice. I ironed and listened as he sang along to some of his other favorites.

I couldn't resist, I walked very quietly into the kitchen and peaked around the door into the den and caught him enjoying his music. There was a lot of laughter as he made his way toward me...



So we did a little free stylin together, our version of the jitter bug, the pony...just some fun dancing. We ended with, "Everybody's doin a brand new dance now, c'mon baby do the locomotion...do the locomotion with me!" Our heart's went pitter patter. We laughed and smiled at each other. He said something about some dance classes and then he listen to a few more tune's while I finished ironing.

4 comments:

Yo Mama said...

Now I know for sure that my dance moves come from both of you. I always suspected that.

Katy Beth said...

Haha! I love it! Ya'll so have to come to the Youth Reunion dance!

Alice Faye said...

Your post goes with Katie's post about favorite tunes. I named some of mine on her comments. We must have been born in the same era.

Suzi Hardy said...

Isn't it such a different, interesting and fun new stage in "older" marriages? It is nice to find the things that make you laugh and have fun together. I loved this...in all the downside of getting older, this is definately an upside.