Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Next Hobby
















As my family knows, I am a hobbyholic. That means that every 6 months to a year I feel the urge to start a new hobby. So far my hobbies include:


  1. guns
  2. motorcycles
  3. camping
  4. canoeing
  5. backpacking
  6. hiking
  7. gps/ geo caching
  8. iPhones
  9. biking both street and mountain
  10. jogging
  11. violin
  12. civil war
  13. blogging
Other hobbies that are on my list to do someday are as well as places to see are:
  1. riding horses
  2. snow ski
  3. triathlon
  4. bike in New York City
  5. see the Grand Canyon
  6. drive across the US including route 66
  7. woring a dude cattle ranch
  8. scuba diving
  9. visit Alaska
  10. see South America
  11. climb Mt. Ranier
  12. go to Australia and New Zealand
  13. visit the South Seas
I think that I get bored easily. The family has an informal pool going that pays the winner a prize when they predict when I will tire of one hobby and start another. Maybe I should join the pool!

Speaking of pools maybe I should swim the English Channel........

4 comments:

Yo Mama said...

Dad, you are cute. I knew about most of those hobbies, except for all of your travel locations. I say that you try and cross off "bike in NYC" before we leave here. The summer is the best time because they loan out free bikes. Also, I think that you are close to crossing off "swim the English Channel" just a few days of training and I'm sure that you would be ready. Inspiring lists.

Suzi Hardy said...

Woring a dude cattle ranch?! Sounds a bit risque to me? I have seen the grand canyon, it is really magificient, and it is huge...really big,after you stand there and look at it for a while you just think," wow, that's a big hole." I put it on the same level as seeing Mt Rushmore. It's really, really cool...but after you have looked at it and taken 50 pictures of it you think, "Wow, those are big heads." and then you wonder what else you can look at.
By the way, they do have an interesting fact store thing-y at the Grand Canyon.
I think I am going to make me a list like yours...pretty cool.
How much is in the money pool?

cally said...

WHy don't you read a book.

And then take us all to New Zealand. We're your hobby.

Anonymous said...

if you want to ride horses, boy howdy do I have one for you. But first you will have to win her love...she hates men!!! Heck, she hates most everything. But she is a sweetheart.